"I originally wanted an Alice and Wonderland-themed shower, but then I found a gorgeous color palette of blush, sea foam green, white and gold, so I decided to go with softer hues. My mom suggested I incorporate more of myself into the shower, and since I am a baker, I thought a kitchen-themed shower would be appropriate," the bride explains.
The resulting party was a collaboration between the bride and one of her bridesmaids, who is also an event planner. "I had an overwhelming feeling of happiness when I walked into the room for the first time — it was even more gorgeous than I had imagined! All the details were incredible," Ashley says.
As the guests entered, they were invited to decorate bridal-shaped cookies. "It was fun seeing everyone's creative juices flowing and there was a lot of laughter at all of their tables," Ashley recalls. Later on, she chose the cookie that she liked the most, and crowned her sister-in-law as the winner. Guests took their cookies home with them along with other treats from the candy bar.
- Photography: Weddings by Scott and Dana
- Event design, planning, and paper goods: When Pigs Fly Events
- Floral design: Layers of Lovely
- Venue: Red Rock Country Club
- Vintage rentals: The Wooden Trunk
- Props and furniture rentals: Layers of Lovely & When Pigs Fly Events
- Cake: Las Vegas Custom Cakes